RED CROSS
HABITAT
OPERATION USA
OXFAM AMERICA
UNITED WAY
UN ONLINE
    The American Red Cross

Thinking of You

Originally written: 11/92

When I think of you, my thoughts wander wide,
of all the things I like, and I make up my mind.

When I think of you, you're by my side;
soft and smooth like the shore at low tide.

With each of my thoughts, I get closer to you,
yet with another, I get a little more blue.

Thinking of you, I love to do,
To be with you, I cannot do.

We have so much in common, but not nearly enough,
to make it work would just be too tough.

There's a tear in my eye when a memory of you flashes through my mind.

I've not felt this way before;
of that you must trust me; of this and more.

Trust that what I feel is true,
what I feel is only for you.

I've felt lone before, but this isn't the same;
it's love of sorts, but of another name.

Some call it love, I call it respect;
I respect you, and that is all I expect.

For you to be you, and not changing for me;
or anyone else. Remain who you be;
That wonderful person I fell in respect with.

To be with you is all I wish.

But wishes have a way of not coming true,
so I hardly doubt I'll speak of any of this to you...

Comments: 0