RED CROSS
HABITAT
OPERATION USA
OXFAM AMERICA
UNITED WAY
UN ONLINE
    The American Red Cross

My Late Night Girlfriend

Orginally written: 6/92

I look at my clock; the face says ten.
It's time to call my late night girlfriend.

I'll tell her things I've wanted to express for quite a long time;
speaking to her, silently wishing she were mine.

Long time ago I told her things I really meant,
but somehow though, time just came and went.

Thoughts of her are on my mind;
images and memories flash from time to time.

Her to be mine, is all I desire;
so many things to tell her before I retire.

To bed to dream and to bed to sleep;
dreams of her in my mind I'll keep.

Blocked hidden away in the depths of my brain;
slowly collecting, like drops of rain.

In my mind I reach for her hair,
and in a moment she's gone, like a whisp of air.

She knows not how I feel,
and if she did, she'd think it not real.

The feelings I've had, I'll always hold,
until that time when I've become bold.

To say exactly what I feel,
and let her know that it's all for real.

The way that I am, is the way that I'll be,
until the final day that she's with me.

Until that day, I'll hold my true feelings and just pretend,
and call her, my late night girlfriend.

Comments: 0